Taking your dream home from an idea to concrete reality can seem like a challenging endeavor at first. That’s why The Lovell Group has organized the process to make it an exciting adventure.
Getting started, we will help you:
- Interview and select an architect
- Choose a lot to build on
- Interview and select an interior designer (if desired)
- Begin the design plan process, discuss and identify your needs and design ideas.
- Help you get started in conceptual design with an architect and designer
- Conceptual architectural drawing are approved
- Interior design finishes selection begins
- Creation of a conceptual budget for your approval
Once through the conceptual stage it’s time to move into design development (DD).
- The Conceptual plans are developed into more workable and complete plans
- Interior and Exterior design and details are developed
- Interior design selections continue and some become finalized
- The Design Development architectural drawings are approved
- A new and more accurate budget is created based on the more developed plan
Now it is time to complete the plans, specifications and interior finish selections (Construction documents)
- The architect will complete plans
- The engineer completes the structural engineering
- Interior and exterior finish selections are complete
- Create a new budget based on the finish selections and final architectural plans
- Apply for construction permits
At this point we’ll be ready to pull permits and begin construction. Our Final Building Budget will be in place.
- Permitting finalized and approved
- Construction begins—now sit back and enjoy watching your new home rise out of the ground
- Fine tuning and some changes take place during the construction to enhance the final product
- Regular meeting between architects, designer, homeowner, and builder to discuss details, budgets and schedules.
- Your new home is ready for your family to move in—Congratulations.